Public Health Informatics Certificate Program
There are a total of 5 courses (4 required/1 elective) required for the Certificate in Public Health Informatics, including two sets of courses. The 4 courses listed below are required.
- HI 5310 Foundations of Health Information Sciences I
- HI 5380 Principles and Foundation of Public Health Informatics
- PH 2610 Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- PH 1610 Foundations of Biostatistics
The courses listed below are electives from both schools. Select 1 of the web-based SPH/SBMI courses listed below.
- HI 5381 Methods in Public Health Informatics
- HI 5382 Synthesis Project in Public Health Informatics
- HI 6303 Introduction to Telehealth
- HI 5313 Introduction to Electronic Health Records
- PH 3715 Introduction to Management and Policy Sciences
- PH 1110 Social and Behavioral Aspects of Public Health
- PH 2120 Man’s Impact on the Environment
Either PH 1610, PH 2610, HI 5310 or HI 5380 should be taken in the first semester. The other 4 classes can be taken in any order.
Successful completion of the program requires passing each course with a grade of A, B, or C. Students may not earn more than two grades of "C", earning a third grade of "C" results in automatic dismissal from the program. Professionals who complete the course of study will receive a certificate of completion.
If you want to transfer into a degree-seeking program, you must first seek admission to the desired program. If you wish to transfer the credits earned in the Certificate program to a degree granting program you must seek approval of your Masters or PhD advising committee. A course must have been passed with an A or B in order to qualify for transfer credit.