Tenure Track Assistant/Associate/Full Professor
Job Title: Tenure Track Assistant/Associate/Full Professor Faculty Positions
Job Location: Houston
Requisition Number: 140232
Job Summary: The School of Biomedical Informatics (SBMI) at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) has multiple tenure-track positions in the following areas at assistant, associate, or full professor level. We are particularly interested in:
- Translational Bioinformatics, with a focus on bridging genomic and clinical data for biomedical research and clinical practice;
- Applied Informatics, with a focus on applying informatics methods, tools, and knowledge for clinical operations or performing advanced big data analytics for improving healthcare quality, efficiency, and safety;
- Public Health Informatics, with a focus on using biological, clinical, and health data for advancing population health.
The successful applicant will join a dynamic faculty at SBMI who are active in research, education, and applying informatics to clinical practice. UTHealth is in the world-renowned Texas Medical Center (TMC) located in cosmopolitan Houston, Texas, the fourth largest city in the United States. SBMI currently offers one PhD degree and two Master's degrees, along with three certificate programs in biomedical and health informatics.
Additional Summary Specific to Job:
- QUALIFICATIONS: The individuals should possess a doctoral degree in a clinical area (MD, DDS, etc.) and/or a PhD in biomedical informatics, computer science, cognitive science, human computer interaction, decision science, artificial intelligence, or related disciplines. For applicants at the associate or full professor level, a strong track record of teaching at the graduate level, extramural funding and published research is required. For applicants at the assistant professor level, a strong record of research publication and potential for obtaining extramural funding are required.
- RESPONSIBILITIES: The successful candidate will be expected to conduct funded research, participate in teaching activities at the graduate level, and provide service at the school, university, national, and international levels. Collaborative research with other faculty in the school and across UTHealth and the Texas Medical Center is expected.
- SALARY: Competitive and dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- APPOINTMENT/BENEFITS: These positions are 12-month full-time appointments in the tenure track.
The individual should possess a PhD and/or MD in biomedical informatics, bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics, public health informatics, healthcare management, computer science, medicine, or related disciplines.
All interested parties should go to the links below to provide their curriculum vitae with the names of three references along with a letter describing applicant's qualifications and career goals.
Where do I begin?
To begin this process, please visit our Job Site, search for the position, click it and select "Apply For This Posting". Then select a user name and password that you will easily remember. You should write down your user name and password. You will need it to apply for other positions or check the status of your application the next time you visit the site.
What if I have already created an application?
If you have already created an application with the online employment system and wish to update your information, please click on the "login using your existing user name" link to login with the user name and password that you used when you created your application.
This is a secure site. Only authorized Human Resources Employees have access to the information submitted.