Trevor Cohen, MBChB, PhD
- PhD, 2007, Biomedical Informatics, Columbia University
- MBChB, Medicine, University of Cape Town
- Distributional semantics
- Knowledge discovery
- Mechanisms of error recovery
7000 Fannin, Suite 600
Houston, TX 77030
1. Vasuki, V. Cohen, T. Reflective Random Indexing for Semi-automatic Indexing of the Biomedical Literature. J Biomed Inform. 2010 Oct;43(5):694-700. [invited journal paper following AMIA submission]
2. Patel, VL. Cohen, T. Murarka, T. Olsen, J. Kagita, S. Myneni, S. Buchman, T. Ghaemmagham V. Recovery at the Edge of Error: Debunking the Myth of the Infallible Expert. J Biomed Inform. 2010 Sep 22. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Cohen, T. Whitfield, K. Schvaneveldt, RW. Mukund, K. Rindflesch T. Epihanet: An Interactive Tool to Support Biomedical Discoveries. J Biomed Discov Collab. 2010 Sep 21;5:21-49. [invited journal paper following AMIA submission]
4. Vankipuram, M. Kahol, K. Cohen, T. Patel, VL. Toward Automated Workflow Analysis and Visualization in Clinical Environments. J Biomed Inform. 2010 May 29.
5. Cohen T, Schvaneveldt, R. Widdows D. Reflective Random Indexing and Indirect Inference: A Scalable Method for Discovery of Implicit Connections. J Biomed Inform. 2010 Apr;43(2):240-56.
6. Cohen, T., & Widdows, D. . Empirical Distributional Semantics: Methods and Biomedical Applications. Journal of Biomedical Informatics. 2009; 42 (2), p. 390-405. [Featured in: ScienceDirect TOP25 Hottest Articles April - June 2009: most downloaded in JBI, and 22nd most downloaded across all Elsevier journals]
7. Cohen, T. Blatter, B. Patel, V. Simulating Expert Clinical Comprehension: Adapting Latent Semantic Analysis to Accurately Extract Clinical Concepts from Psychiatric Narrative. Journal of Biomedical Informatics. 2008 Dec;41(6):1070-87.
8. Patel, V. L., Cohen, T. New perspectives on error in critical care. Current Opinion in Critical Care, 2008: 14(4), 456-9.
9. Cohen, T. Blatter, B. Almeida, C. Patel, V. Reevaluating recovery: perceived violations and preemptive interventions on emergency psychiatry rounds. 2007 May-Jun;14(3):312-9.
10. Cohen, T. Blatter, B. Almeida, C. Shortliffe, E. & Patel, VL. Distributed cognition in the Psychiatric Emergency Department: A cognitive blueprint of a collaboration in context. Artificial Intelligence in Medicine. 2006:Jun:37(2):73-83.
11. Sharda, P. Das, A. Cohen, T. Patel, V. Customizing clinical narratives for the EMR interface using cognitive methods. International Journal of Medical Informatics. 2006 May;75(5):346-68.
Pubmed search for Dr. Cohen