Medicare EPs include:
- Doctors of Medicine or Osteopathy
- Doctors of Dental Surgery or Dental Medicine
- Doctors of Podiatric Medicine
- Doctors of Optometry
Medicare Advantage Organization (MAO) EPs - A qualifying MAO may or may not receive an incentive payment for their EPs. Please contact your MAO to discuss whether you are entitled to participate in the EHR incentive program.
NOTE: EPs may NOT be hospital-based. This is defined as any provider who furnishes 90% or more of their services in a hospital setting (inpatient or emergency room).
Medicaid EPs include:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- Physicians Assistants who practice in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or Rural Health Center (RHC) that is led by a Physician Assistant
Further, Medicaid EPs must also:
- Have a minimum of 30% Medicaid patient volume (20% minimum for pediatricians), OR
- Practice predominantly in a FQHC or RHC and have at least 30% patient volume to needy individuals