Three McWilliams School of Biomedical Informatics at UTHealth Houston faculty members were recently named new Fellows of the American College of Medical Informatics (ACMI). The list of new McWilliams fellows includes Chair in the Department of Health Data Science and Artificial Intelligence and Professor Xiaoqian Jiang, PhD, Associate Professor Kirk Roberts, PhD, and Adjunct Professor Stephen Wong, PhD.
ACMI is a college of elected fellows comprised of scholars and industry practitioners from across North America and the globe. Each fellow has made significant and sustained contributions and advancements in the field of biomedical informatics. ACMI Fellows are elected by their peers and they make a commitment to advancing the informatics field.
The 2023 class of fellows includes 23 new members. They will be inducted at a ceremonial dinner during the American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) 2023 Annual Symposium in New Orleans in November.
Jiang, Roberts, and Wong join a large group of McWilliams School of Biomedical Informatics faculty members who are Fellows of ACMI.
- Associate Dean for Research and Professor Elmer Bernstam, MD, MSE (2010)
- Adjunct Professor John Glaser, PhD (1995)
- Interim Chair in the Department of Bioinformatics and System Medicine and Professor Hongfang Liu, PhD (2016)
- Adjunct Professor Michael Shabot, MD (1991)
- Professor Dean Sittig, PhD (1992)
- Professor Cui Tao, PhD (2018)
- Adjunct Professor Hua Xu, PhD (2014)
- Dean Jiajie Zhang, PhD (2003)
- Professor Zhongming Zhao, PhD (2021)
For more information on the ACMI Fellowship, please visit the AMIA website.