Follow the Instructions and Admission Requirements
on the Office of Registrar’s website to submit your application
When your application is complete, myUTH
will list your status as “pending.”
Your Ph.D. application materials will be reviewed by the whole faculty 4 to 8 weeks after the application deadline to determine whether to recommend you for an interview. SBMI Academic Affairs will contact you with the decision.
If you have been recommended for an interview, you will be interviewed by a 3-faculty advising committee. Your interviewers can either be selected by you or be assigned by the admission committee based upon your area of interest.
If your advising committee agrees to admit you to the doctoral degree program based upon the interview result, you will receive a letter of admission from SBMI Academic Affairs. You will find in the letter of admission instructions for completing the New Student Orientation.
All the items listed below are required to be submitted before you can register for a course in SBMI. As you complete the items below, holds on your registration in UTLINK should be removed.
The New Student Orientation must be completed in order to enroll for courses.
- You have to clear your criminal background check to release your identity management hold so you will have access to your student email account before you can start the New
- Please go to the Learning Management System and log in using your LDAP account (same as MyUTH login and student email login).
- Click on the “Join this course” link to start the new student orientation.
- Complete the entire orientation online.
- Submit the New Student Orientation Checklist, the Health & Safety Orientation acknowledgement form, and the User Responsibilities & Accountability acknowledgement form to the Office of Academic Affairs. These items may be submitted as email attachments to SBMIAcademics@uth.tmc.edu or faxed to (713) 500-0360.
You will log in to Moodle using your LDAP ID, which consists of a user name and a password. The Registrar’s Office provided your user name when your application was processed. It usually consists of the first letter of your first name followed by your last name and perhaps a number. You’ll need to contact the Help Desk at 713-486-4848 to get your password reset. Use that user name and password combination to log in to Moodle. Log into Moodle to create your user profile (please upload a picture of yourself that meets the passport photo requirements). Your enrollment status will not be updated until your Moodle profile is created.