Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) Position
GRA positions are available at the School of Biomedical Informatics to work with Dr. Yang Gong on an AHRQ-funded patient safety research.
- Working within a multidisciplinary research team to explore advanced areas in patient safety, healthcare quality related to health information technology;
- Participating in the design and development of an innovative PSE reporting system;
- Collecting and analyzing structured and unstructured PSE data using comprehensive clinical knowledge bases and advanced machine learning tools;
- Responsibilities including but not limited to data collection, data analytics using machine learning approaches, web application development, and system maintenance for patient safety event (PSE) reporting.
- The candidate must be currently enrolled as a student in a UTHealth program;
- Graduate-level written and oral communication skills
Recruitment will be conducted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Students interested in this position should submit a cover letter and CV/resume to Yang.Gong@uth.tmc.edu.