Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) Position
GRA positions are available at McWilliams School of Biomedical Informatics at UTHealth Houston, formerly UTHealth Houston School of Biomedical Informatics (SBMI) to work with Dr. Yang Gong on an AHRQ-funded patient safety research.
- Working within a multidisciplinary research team to explore advanced areas in patient safety, healthcare quality related to health information technology;
- Participating in the design and development of an innovative PSE reporting system;
- Collecting and analyzing structured and unstructured PSE data using comprehensive clinical knowledge bases and advanced machine learning tools;
- Responsibilities including but not limited to data collection, data analytics using machine learning approaches, web application development, and system maintenance for patient safety event (PSE) reporting.
- The candidate must be currently enrolled as a student in a UTHealth program;
- Graduate-level written and oral communication skills
Recruitment will be conducted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Students interested in this position should submit a cover letter and CV/resume to Yang.Gong@uth.tmc.edu.