The University of Texas System policy and the UTHealth Conflict of Interest, Conflict of Commitment and Outside Activities policy (HOOP 20) require certain individuals to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement each year. In some cases, a disclosure may also be required by other state and/or federal regulations and for submitting grant applications.
Who is required to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement?
Generally, you must submit a Financial Disclosure Statement if any of the following statements below applies to you:
- You are a faculty member;
- You are an administrative and professional (A&P) employee (HOOP 150, Administrative and Professional and Classified Job Appointments) (including staff physicians);
- You are an executive officer of the university;
- You negotiate or execute contracts on behalf of UTHealth;
- You will be involved in procurement ($15,000 or more);
- You are involved in contract management;
- You are a “Covered Individual” on an UTHealth research project as designated by the principal investigator of the project, per the Research Conflicts of Interest Policy (HOOP 94).
How to submit the Financial Disclosure Statement?
For instructions, FAQs, and the required form, visit the Financial Disclosures Website. The deadline to submit the Financial Disclosure Statement for calendar year 2016 is Friday, March 31, 2017.
If you have any questions or would like help completing the Financial Disclosure Statement, please contact the Conflict of Interest Office at 713-500-3214 or research_COI@uth.tmc.edu and we will be happy to provide assistance.
published on 02/1/2017 at 10:25 a.m.