- Completed online application form and $60 application fee
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Goal statement - (pdf)
- Proposed area of interest for the translational practice project
- A Letter of Support from the healthcare organization willing to facilitate the translational practice project. The Letter of Support must be on the healthcare organization's official letterhead. The Letter of Support should not be from the same person as a Letter of Recommendation. The Letter of Support should include background on the healthcare organization (including the indication of the size and the type of activities), the area the institution expects the student to perform the project in, and whether or not the organization will provide any type of support (monetary or technical) for the applicant’s project.
- Three letters of reference from supervisors or colleagues. At least two letters should be from supervisors. On the application, you will enter your references' information and they will be sent a form to complete and a space to upload a letter of recommendation.
- Transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended
- A baccalaureate or higher degree (master’s degree preferred)
- No minimum GPA requirement. The majority of successful applicants have a GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- International applicants must also submit the following:
- All students with international college transcripts must submit a "course by course" evaluation report by either of these independent organizations, Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES). Your evaluation report needs to include the official copy of the transcripts used for the evaluation. WES and ECE are the only two agencies that we will accept for admission to any of our programs. If all education was completed outside the U.S. you must have U.S. equivalency of a bachelor's degree or higher.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) results. The minimum acceptable score on the TOEFL is 87 and the minimum acceptable score is a 7 for the IELTS.
Please be aware that F-1 sponsorship is not available for students in the DHI program.
Interview with the SBMI Admissions, Progression and Graduation (APG) Committee by invitation only