McWilliams School of Biomedical Informatics does not allow individuals to audit courses, courses can only be taken by enrolling in a designated program.
The Non-degree program allows for students to enroll in a maximum of 9 semester credit hours to take McWilliams School of Biomedical Informatics courses for credit. Enrollment as a non-degree student does not entitle a student to admission to a degree program. A non-degree student is not eligible to receive a certificate or degree. Courses completed under the non-degree program can be transferred to a graduate certificate or degree program, as long as the courses taken align with the requirements described in the degree planners and in the event the student is offered admissions.
Application Requirements & Deadlines
Texas Medical Center (TMC) Employees/Approved Fellowship Non-Degree Program
Employees of institutions within the Texas Medical Center may register as a non-degree student for one or more McWilliams School of Biomedical Informatic courses. A maximum total of 9 credit hours are allowed, provided they have the instructor's/Office of Academic Affairs consent, their supervisor's approval and have complete documentation by the deadline date.
A completed application/registration form must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar via e-mail to email@example.com.
Please complete the following form and submit all required materials for processing by the below listed deadline dates:
- Spring Enrollment: December 15th
- Summer Enrollment: May 1st
- Fall Enrollment: August 1st
Please allow 5-7 Business days for your application form to be processed. It is not possible to submit an application on the deadline day and complete the required processing at the end of business that day. Please allow yourself plenty of time to obtain the appropriate documentation. The Office of the Registrar will not enroll you in the class unless all *documents required are completed.”
Documents required by the registrar’s office to complete your registration before the deadline date:
- Instructions and Enrollment Form completed with all necessary signatures/approvals.
- If needed, in place of a signature from the course instructor/Office of Academic Affairs and your supervisor on the form, an email from same allowing you to take the class is acceptable. Please include this as part of your submission.
- Unofficial transcript(s) showing Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Applicants with international degrees, please accompany your unofficial transcripts with a professional English translation of your foreign transcripts outlining degree attained; ECFMG certification documents (if applicable) and/or supplemental documents to assess your educational background. A World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) transcript evaluations (course-by-course with GPA calculation) are preferred but not required for this Non-degree program.
- Application/Enrollment form fee $50.00 (non-refundable). Payment is processed via Bursar’s Office.
Once your application is processed:
- Complete the residency questionnaire form below. Please submit Residency Questionnaire Form to ResiForm@uth.tmc.edu. For more information about Texas Resident Tuition follow the link below.
- Residency Quetionnaire Form
- Texas Resident Tuition
- Criminal Background Checks are required (separate from employment CBC). See the our site for more information. No other CBC clearances will be accepted outside of our school’s contracted company (Pre-Check). You are responsible for the payment of any fees associated with the CBC processing and the amount may vary depending on country/state. Pre-Check will contact you directly regarding additional fees. Please allow 7-10 Business days for CBC/IDM clearances to be processed, pending locations previously lived.
- Immunizations records are required of all students attending in person courses at McWilliams School of Biomedical Informatics. Please review and complete the following Immunization Requirement. If you will be enrolling in 100% online courses, please contact SBMIAcademics@uth.tmc.edu to be considered for an Immunization waiver.
- Employees who are non-U.S. citizens or on a visa must obtain clearance through the Office of International Affairs firstname.lastname@example.org; they are located at 7000 Fannin, Suite 130 Houston, Texas 77030 to take course as a non-degree student.
- Tuition and fees: Pay tuition and fees by logging into your myUTH account at https://my.uth.tmc.edu or in-person at the Bursar’s Office, UCT 2240.
- If your program or department will be submitting payment of tuition and fees on your behalf, the sponsor or program should submit the Sponsorship Authorization Form electronically by the payment deadline date.
- If the tuition and fees are not sponsored or paid (if you are self-funded) on the last day of the add/drop period by 5:00 p.m., the student’s registration will be canceled. The Registrar will make no exceptions to this rule and the student will not be reinstated for the semester. For questions regarding the sponsorship authorization form/process, contact SBMIAcademics@uth.tmc.edu. Students who will be paying on their own should make it a point to check myUTH to know what they need to pay in tuition and fees. If needed, payment plans are available.
For further information about the registration process or to follow up on your registration, please send an email to email@example.com.
Please note that employees who take courses as a non-degree student are subject to the same policies and grading systems used for regular McWilliams School of Biomedical Informatics degree-seeking students.
Applicants who in the future are interested in transitioning into a Graduate Certificate or degree-seeking program, will need to re-apply for admissions consideration and meet all specified requirements reflected for the interested program as outlined in the admission requirements page.