Directions for Students at the School of Biomedical Informatics:
Please read through ALL instructions. The answers too frequently asked questions are provided below, as well as information that you will need to know.
* Once you have completed your application, please review the information you provided before submitting to avoid a delay in your background check.
* If you have your phone or computer set to Auto fill, then you absolutely need to double check the information you entered.p>
* If there is a problem with your application or additional information is needed, a ESA/Pre-Check representative will contact you using the email address that you provided. Please double check that you provided a valid email address. You are responsible for replying to any emails from the ESA/Pre-Check company when information is updated, as ESA/Pre-Check will not be notified otherwise and your background check will not be started.* You will receive an email when your background check has been accepted. Your background check will usually begin processing within 1-3 business days; however, ESA/Pre-Check cannot guarantee this time. Please complete the process as soon as possible to avoid exceeding the deadline.
* Please do NOT contact The ESA/Pre-Check Company for the status of your background check. The completed background check will be sent directly to SBMI. You will not receive notification when it is completed.
* Students with criminal activity or that have lived outside of Texas may take longer to process. Additional fees may apply for certain counties. We will contact you if an additional fee is required.
* International students will take longer to process. The processing time varies per country. There will be an additional fee for all International background checks. This fee also varies per country. After reviewing your completed application, ESA/Pre-Check will contact you with the fee amount and if any additional information is required.
* If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
* Please do NOT call The ESA/Pre-Check Company.
Go to https://www.emplscreen.com/esa-student-login.asp and select “University of Texas School of Biomedical Informatics” from the dropdown. You will be taken to a new page and under “Next Steps” you will click on the “Apply here” button.
Once you enter the application, please complete the following steps:
* Fill in your contact information. The application is based on your email address so if you need to apply again for another background check, you will need to use a different email address.