Noriaki Aoki, MD, PhD
*Dr. Aoki passed away on Jan. 5, 2014. In an effort to commemorate his legacy and contributions to the field of biomedical informatics, SBMI will preserve his faculty page. Read the news announcement.
- MBA, 2007, Medical Management, The University of Massachusetts Isenberg School of Management
- MS, 2001, Health Informatics, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Health Information Sciences,
- PhD, 2000, Clinical Epidemiology and Decision Science, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
- MD, 1991, Medicine, Sapporo Medical University, Hokkaido, Japan
- Decision science
- Clinical decision support
- Data mining and modeling in healthcare
Health care technology assessment
Clinical informatics in extreme environments
Edutainment (entertainment education)
Quality improvement through information technology
Community health planning
Other Notable Positions
- President, Center for Health Outcomes Research and Development
- Japan Adjunct Faculty, Dept. International Health, Tohoku University School of Medicine
- Japan Adjunct Faculty, Dept. Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine
- Japan Adjunct Faculty, Dept. Health Informatics, Kyoto University School of Medicine
- Japan Adjunct Faculty, School of Public Health, The University of Tokyo, Japan
7000 Fannin, Suite 600
Houston, TX 77030
1. Iwasaki Y, Tanaka H, Okamoto RI, Araki Y, Yabushita K, Kobayashi H, Kariyama K, Kawaguchi M, Takaguchi K, Sakata T, Ando M, Sakaguchi K, Aoki N, Shiratori Y. Efficacy and cost-effectiveness of consensus interferon monotherapy with high-dose induction for hepatitis C patients with genotype 2. Scand J Gastroenterol 2010. E-pub.
2. Morimura N, Aruga T, Sakamoto T, Aoki N, Ohta S, Ishihara T, Kushimoto S, Ohta S, Ishikawa H. The impact of an emergency telephone consultation service on the use of ambulance in Tokyo. Emerg Med J 2010. Online First.
3. Aoki N. Heat Stroke. Clinical Practice Guideline Update. Igaku-Shoin. Pp. 825-826. 2010.
4. Aoki N. Theory for better consumer support in healthcare. KEIO SFC journal 9; 7-10: 2009.
Pubmed search for Dr. Aoki